Thursday, June 20, 2013

Just the Way You Are

So I got flack from some of my readers yesterday about how long my post was – so here goes a short and sweet one. Billy Joel wrote a song back in the 80’s, Just the Way You Are – It’s one of my favorite songs. In it he says, “Don’t go changing to try and please me, I love you just the way you are."  Well, we gotta love ourselves just the way we are as well. So here are five things you can do to start letting the true you shine through:

1. Go shopping and buy yourself something your ten-year old self would have loved to have and put it somewhere you can see it every day.

2. Post an affirmation that says “You Rock, Just the Way You Are!”

3. Do something this weekend that you have been longing to do regardless of how silly or unrelated it is to your regular life.

4. Give yourself permission to loaf – let your imagination take you to a new place,

5. Get a massage, make love, go swimming, hold a baby, go out into the moonlight and lie on the grass and look at the stars - do something sensual and savor it.

Okay, that’s it for now…next time, well, I’ll surprise you, don’t you just love surprises, I know I do.

Blessings, Lorraine  PS - That's my granddaughter Ellie - Isn't she a doll?



No comments:

Post a Comment